One of my favourite days of the year is juuust around the corner: PANCAKE DAY! Obviously without a doubt I played around in the kitchen and have created a delicious recipe for you to make on this awesome day.
Made with wholesome ingredients, these pancakes are naturally low in sugar and contain 30g protein (including toppings), the perfect breakie to fuel your day!
This recipe makes roughly 5 pancakes depending how big you make them.
medium egg (54g)
vanilla protein powder 10g – I use Live Innermost
unsweetened almond milk 45ml
baking powder 1 tsp
ground cinnamon 1 tsp
coconut oil 1/2 tsp
handful fresh raspberries
handful fresh blueberries
Skyr Icelandic yoghurt 1 tbsp
PBfit peanut butter powder (8g) mixed with water to drizzle
raw cacao nibs 2 tsp
drizzle of honey 1 tsp
You will need: blender, frying pan, pancake mold (optional)
- In a blender, combine all the pancake ingredients (except the coconut oil) and whiz on high speed until you have a smooth consistency.
- Add a tsp of coconut oil to the pan (use a little between each pancake you cook).
- If using a pancake mold (I used a cute heart shaped one), pop it in the pan and pour in some of your pancake batter.
- Leave to cook for about 2 minutes, when little bubbles appear they’ll be ready to flip over
- Repeat the process until you’ve used up all the mixture, you should have about 5 pancakes.
- Arrange on your plate and add your toppings! You can use the ones I have listed or try something different; I love using sliced banana with coconut chips and sweet freedom choc shot as another option!
I hope you enjoy this recipe, I shall be making these again on pancake day and I cannot wait!